Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions - Losing Weight

One of the top New Year's resolutions is to lose weight. As someone who struggles with weight, it is a very hard thing to do. I have lost some, but I still have a ways to go. So far, I have lost around 20 pounds. I do feel better in general even losing that amount. I need to lose about 80 more pounds. The New Year is a great time to refocus on those efforts.

I have found a very useful tool to aid in the weight loss process. It is incredibly helpful, it is free, and it has accountability built in. It is an online course, really a bible study, that digs deep. There is a daily lesson with questions and answers. What this program does is pair you up with a mentor who has already successfully completed the course. This mentor reads your lessons and responds accordingly. It has been so good for me. I wanted to pass it along, especially during a time when so many will be focusing on losing weight. You can find the course, called "The Lord's Table", at http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/ . And I am going to use the New Year as a time to refocus and continue along on my way to my weight loss goal.

No comments: