Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Evaporated Milk Recipe

Recently, I posted a recipe for sweetened condensed milk. I liked it so well that I thought I would see if there was a recipe for evaporated milk out there somewhere in cyberspace. Sure enough, there was! I tried it out on the old Fantasy Fudge recipe from the Kraft Marshmallow Cream jar. The recipe turned out great! Now that I know how to make my own sweetened condensed milk and my own evaporated milk, the cost of my holiday baking goes down even further.

Evaporated Milk Recipe

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 cup powdered milk
2 tablespoons butter

Mix powdered milk and warm water together. Add butter. In a small pan, heat mixture together. Beat well, cool, and store in the refrigerator.

I used a whisk to stir it while cooking it on the stove, it seemed to work really well for me that way. This recipe is from recipezaar.
If you are interested in the Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe (and this is the original one, they have changed it on the current marshmallow cream jars), you can find it here.

No comments: