Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reinventing Leftover Spaghetti Noodles

The other night we had stir fry with spaghetti noodles. We usually have leftover spaghetti noodles after eating this particular meal. I really hate throwing food away because it is wasteful, and because essentially it is throwing money away. I know my kids will not eat them plain, so I decided to try something new and a little different for us.

I took 1/4 cup of butter, melted it and sauted a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic in it. Then I took the leftover noodles and mixed it in with the butter and garlic, and added about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning herbs. I also sprinkled a little bit of sea salt in there. I stirred it until the mixture was heated all the way through.

Needless to say, it was a hit! They called them "restaurant noodles", and ate them up in no time! We now have a new favorite to try with our leftover noodles, and it saves money because it uses up our leftovers rather than throwing them away. Plus, fixing them this way makes them into something new and different for the kids, and they actually like it!

2 comments:

Little Candle said...

What a great idea! You visited my blog a month or so ago and I wanted to drop by and say thanks for coming by. I am really getting some great tips from your posts...great advice!

thethriftyhousewife said...

Thanks! Glad you are finding some useful ideas!