Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hubby's Shepard Pie Recipe


My hubby likes to cook from time to time. When he does, I figure it best to stay out of the way. He takes over my kitchen! He made up this recipe tonight, and has offered it up for my blog. What a sweetie! It was a hit with the kids, and I will admit that it was pretty good too :)

Hubby's Shepard Pie

1 pound browned ground beef, buffalo, or turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
12 oz. can of corn, drained
2 cups prepared brown gravy
4 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese

Brown the meat along with the onion. Combine ground beef, onion, worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, corn, and gravy. Spread evenly in a 13x9 inch baking pan. Top evenly with mashed potatoes, then with cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

No comments: