Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Easy Stir Fry Recipe

We just finished eating some delicious stir fry! Yum! I used to buy the little seasoning packets at the grocery store that cost $1.00 or more per packet, plus you still had to add the soy sauce and the sugar yourself. I found some recipe ideas online to adapt and make my own stir fry sauce from scratch. I like it even better than the store bought packets, and the ingredients are things that I usually have around the house. Bonus! The honey and the brown sugar are interchangeable, but I prefer making it with the honey.



Easy Stir Fry Sauce



2-3 Tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed, or 1/4 cup honey

2 cloves minced garlic

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup cider vinegar or white vinegar

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 cups vegetable, chicken, or beef broth



Combine ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or wok. Add meat and brown (if using meat). Add veggies, stir fry. Add desired amount of sauce and bring to a boil. Boil until slightly thickened. If you have leftover sauce, it will store in the fridge for up to two weeks.



We like to serve our stir fry over whole wheat or whole grain spaghetti noodles. Of course, rice goes well with it if you prefer that. We like using the noodles because it is something a little bit different, and it tastes great! I also choose to use all of the sauce at once, because we like our stir fry saucy :) I hope you like this recipe as much as we do!

No comments: