Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Excellent Turkey Recipe

Looking for a last minute great tasting turkey recipe? Do I have the recipe for you! This is the only recipe I have ever tried, and I will not try another one because this one is so good! The family always gives it rave reviews every time, and the meat is super moist and delicious (even the white meat).

My recipe is based on the Paula Deen turkey recipe. I find it pretty simple to do, using my roaster instead of my oven makes it even easier. I use less energy, plus it cooks faster in there, and my oven is free to use for other Thanksgiving goodies.

Super Moist Roasted Turkey

1 turkey, thawed
1 medium sized onion, quartered
1/2 cup melted butter
2 bay leaves
Italian Seasoning

Empty the turkey cavities (don't forget to check the neck cavity - this has happened to me before!). Place the quartered onion inside the main cavity, along with the bay leaves (you can always add more fresh herbs in there if you like to add flavor). Close the legs by putting them back into the turkey stirrups (I have no idea what those things are called!). Take the melted butter and baste the entire turkey. Then sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the entire bird. Cook according to directions on turkey wrapper, or according to instruction in your roaster manual (this will be different than cooking it in an oven because it does have a tendency to cook faster). When the turkey is done, discard the onion and herbs.


No comments: