Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homemade Carpet Deoderizer Recipe

As a kid, I used to LOVE using the prettily scented carpet deoderizing powders when I vacuumed. Buying things like that are not currently high on my list of priorities nowadays, but I do like a fresh scent to brighten my home every now and then. I just came up with a very simple carpet deoderizer recipe that incorporates whatever lovely scent suits my fancy. It's a piece of cake, comprised of only two ingredients: baking soda and your favorite essential oil. Today, I used sweet orange essential oil - it added a cheery scent to brighten up my living room!

Carpet Deoderizer Recipe

2 cups baking soda
25 drops essential oil of your choice (more or less depending upon your preference)

Mix baking soda and essential oil thoroughly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over carpeted surface. Let sit for a few minutes, then vacuum. Store mixture in a sealable container.

No comments: