Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Homemade Candy Bars - Heath Toffee Bar Copycat Recipe

I just tried a new recipe today that turned out fabulous! It is a toffee bar recipe that I tweaked to my own styling, and it turned out wonderfully! It tastes just like a Heath candy bar. It was really simple, and made from ingredients that I keep regularly stocked around my house. I have always wanted to try a toffee recipe, but never did, thinking it might be complicated and hard to do. It's not! It's one of the easiest things I have ever made, and it is relatively quick as well.

Toffee Bar Recipe

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter until boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and boil for seven minutes, continually stirring. Remove from heat and fold in walnuts. Place mixture in a greased square baking pan. Top with chocolate chips. When chocolate chips melt, spread evenly over toffee. Cut into squares immediately, and place pan in refrigerator until toffee has hardened.

2 comments:

Robyn Aderyn said...

Wow, thank you so much, my batch turned out perfectly! It was so easy and delicious! It's so hard to get good candy recipes when you don't have a candy thermometer.

thethriftyhousewife said...

I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe!