Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cheater Cheesecake Recipe

I love this recipe because it is so easy!  It is a great go-to dessert recipe when I need something quick to serve guests or take to a potluck.  I call it "cheater cheesecake" because it is way easier and much quicker to make than a real cheesecake - it has minimal ingredients and there is no baking involved!  I usually prepare the filling and put it in a store-bought prepared graham cracker pie crust.  I have also made my own graham cracker crust, but find it more convenient to just use the graham cracker pie shells pre-made.  You can usually find them in the baking goods isle at the grocery store.  I have often topped it with a can of cherry pie filling, but tonight I made it with homemade blueberry pie filling.  I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Cheater Cheesecake Recipe

1 - 8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 - 8 oz bar of cream cheese, softened
1 - prepared graham cracker crust
Pie filling of your choice

In mixing bowl, place thawed cool whip and softened cream cheese and combine with a mixer until well blended and creamy.  Place cheesecake mixture into the graham cracker crust and top with pie filling of your choice.  Refrigerate and serve when ready.  It is best when well chilled.

No comments: