Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Butterfinger Bars Recipe

I am currently 3 weeks postpartum, and I was looking for an easy recipe to make for snacks today. I came across a recipe for Butterfinger Bars that looked relatively simple, so I decided to try it out. My almost four year old pulled up a chair to the kitchen counter and helped me make them. These bars don't taste like the candybar, but they are quite yummy. My husband informed me that they were not going to last long around here!

Butterfinger Bars

Crust:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
4 cups quick cooking oatmeal

Topping:
6 oz. chocolate chips (about half a bag)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix crust ingredients together well. Press mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan, bake for 15 minutes. Next, melt topping ingredients together in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, stirring constantly until a smooth consistency is reached. Spread topping mixture evenly over crust. Chill in the refrigerator approximately one hour.

No comments: