Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dryer Balls

I have been wanting to try out a pair of dryer balls for quite a while. A local store carries wool dryer balls, but they are a little bit pricey. At a garage sale this summer, I found a brand new pair of "As Seen On TV" plastic dryer balls for 75 cents, so I decided to give them a try (and hey, for 75 cents, it can't hurt to try it out!). I have been using them for a few months now, in place of a dryer sheet, and have found them to be quite successful at keeping away the static electricity.

Eventually, I would like to have some wool dryer balls. Because of the cost of the wool dryer balls, I will probably make some at some point in time. There is a good online tutorial about how to make your own at this web address: http://goodmama.typepad.com/goodmama/2008/05/make-your-own-wool-dryer-balls.html . It looks relatively simple, and much more affordable than buying them.

No comments: