Monday, September 13, 2010

Cabbage Casserole Recipe


I tried a new recipe tonight, it turned out pretty well! Cabbage has been on sale around here, so I had some that I needed to use up. I found a recipe for a cabbage casserole intended to be a side dish, so I tweaked it and added some hamburger and made it into a main dish. My husband, who is usually wary of anything that has alot of vegetables, informed me that this recipe is a keeper.

Cabbage Casserole

1 medium to large head of cabbage
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or more according to preference)
2 cans of cream soup (cream of mushroom, cream of potato, etc.)
1 pound ground beef, browned
cracker crumbs

Slice cabbage and boil for 5 minutes. In a 9x13 baking pan, layer cabbage, hamburger, cream soup, and cheese (2-3 layers total). Top with cracker crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until bubbling and slightly browned.


http://www.easy-casserole-recipes.com/cabbagecasserolerecipe.html is where I found the original recipe.

No comments: