Saturday, July 3, 2010

Add Some Oomph To Your Vinegar Cleaning Spray

One of the homemade cleaners I use regularly is vinegar and water mixed together in a spray bottle. Recently, I have started adding a few drops of essential oil to my mixture. One of the benefits of doing so is that many essential oils have disinfecting properties. The vinegar water itself does have some disinfecting properties, but adding the essential oil gives it a little more "oomph". Plus, it makes your house smell nice! Right now, my vinegar cleaner is laced with lavender oil. Very nice, if I say so myself, and essential oil scents do not bother my asthma the way commercial cleaners do.

To make your own spray bottle of this cleaner, fill spray bottle 1/3 of the way with vinegar, fill the rest with water. Then add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Shake well before each use. To use, spray desired surface and wipe. Very simple, very easy, and chemical free!

No comments: