Saturday, May 22, 2010

Netflix

OK, so I finally broke down and joined Netflix. My reasoning for this is that my local video store was running out of "appropriate" movies for me to rent. I don't watch rated R movies anymore, and even many of the PG-13 movies nowadays are just out of line, in my book anyhow. And there really aren't a whole lot of PG movies to choose from at the local video store, unless I am looking for kids movies.




I am so glad we did decide to join. We have been members for around 2 months now, and I do really like it alot. We got the package for 2 dvds out at a time, which runs around $13.00 a month. At the video store, we were spending around $20 a month on rentals, so it is a small monthly savings for us. In addition to the 2 dvds a month, they also have some of their movies on instant play through the computer. We have utilized this feature quite a bit as well.




Netflix has alot of interesting documentaries, family movies, tv series, etc. to view that my local video store did not have. They also have exercise and fitness dvds available to rent. Don't get me wrong, I really do like my local video store and the employees, but when searching for things that we feel are appropriate to watch, the selection was getting pretty thin. Plus the fact that every dvd we have rented from Netflix has come in better condition than the ones we rented at the video store. We have had no issues with the dvds skipping or "getting stuck" in a spot the way we often did with the video store.




We do not have cable or satellite TV, but if we did, I would seriously consider cancelling and just going with Netflix. My reasons are that there are no commercials, and you get to pick exactly what you want to watch and when you want to watch it with the instant play feature.




And last, but not least, is the fact that you get to keep the dvds for as long as you want with no late fees. We are very pleased with their service so far, and I really hope we continue to be happy with it.

No comments: